August 26, 1931: "Two pack trains went up to Thornhill Lookout early in the week. They took up a quantity of V Joint lumber to be used to line up the building. This lumber was cut to size in Terrace for convenience of transport. The Lookout has been a pleasant place in good weather, but when storms arose it did not give sufficient protection to the man in charge. The fuel supplies for the 1932 season were taken up at the same time. This is necessary, as the lookout man often has 6 feet of snow to contend with on the trail when the season opens in the spring." (The Omineca Herald)
2012: Restoration work was performed on the lookout structure.