1930: Materials for the construction of the lookout were packed into the site using horses and mules. During the summer the building was erected by Fred Koeneman.
September 26, 2013: "Substantial restoration work and upgrades of the existing structure are now complete. Work included repainting the roof, exterior painting, replacement of the entry door and an overall clean-up of the area. Minor finishing touch-ups are planned for next year including window caulking and trim work and exterior trim painting." (News Release - Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations)