From (Annual Report of the Laurentian Forest Protective Association)
1928: "In the Western Section the principal additions to the system were: Six miles to connect out 80' steel tower near Lac Port aux Quilles, 15 miles to connect our wooden tower about mileage 15 on the Sault-au-Mounton River, 6 miles to connect up the wooden tower at Lac Archange. In the Lake Edward section a new line was built 12 miles long, between Triton and our 80' steel tower at Lake Petry, this being necessary since the change in the organization, occasioned by the withdrawal of the of the Laurentide National Park from our territory. Between Meguick and the 80 foot steel tower at Lac des Iles, a stretch of 12 miles was added to our circuit connecting Lake Edward. A total of 49 miles was built in the Eastern Section during the season, 13 miles having been erected on the St. Marguerite River at Clarke City, 23 miles along the shore between Godbout and Trinity, 2 miles to connect up the 80 foot steel tower on the Godbout River and an extension of 11 miles was added to our line which is being run north to link up the Caron and Lake St. Anne towers."
1928: "In the Eastern Section we built three new towers, one of steel 80 feet high, half way between the Pentecost River and Lake St. Anne, a wooden tower on the upper reaches of the Trinity River, and a third an 80 foot steel tower on the west side of the Godbout River."
1928: "Two wooden towers on the Canada Power and Paper Corporation's Batiscan properties were used during the season, but it will be necessary to replace them next Spring with higher and more permanent structures."
1931: "In order to give more protection to tower observers in the Spring and Fall, a light wooden hexagonal cabin was designed for use on the 60 and 80 foot towers, to replace the open square platform with four foot walls supplied by the tower manufacturers. Four of these enclosed cabins were transported and installed in the Western Section, four in the Central Section, and two in the East. Inspectors in the field find this innovation a very marked improvement, in every respect, when compared with the open type used formerly. Wind strain has been decreased, while the additional weight which the roof and glass add to the cabin is negligible."
1932: "Several cabins were built on open towers to give much needed protection to observers, while four new towers were erected."
1933: "In the Western Section 3 new camps were built, and several hexagonal cabins were erected on 80 foot steel towers."
1935: "On the Ontario Paper Company limits at Franklin a new steel tower 80 feet high was built, while another of the same cabin type was erected at the forks of the Manicouagan and Toutnustock rivers to overlook Anglo and Ontario Paper holdings in this region. A new steel tower 75 feet was found to be necessary on the east side of the Godbout river, to cover the upper reaches of the stream where new operations have been opened up. Construction was satisfactorily completed during the summer."
1937: "At Shelter Bay, on the west side of the 30 mile lake, a frame building, 12 x 18, was erected at a new tower site to house radio equipment and operator. A steel tower was also portaged